Friday, June 1, 2012

Switch sims on an unlocked iPhone

Switch sims on an unlocked iPhone?
Here it is. My fried sent me her old iPhone. I live in Bulgaria and I am currently using Globul. I went through the process of jailbreaking and then unlocking my iPhone 3G, and now I want to switch SIMs. But, everytime I take the old AT&T one out and put my GLOBUL one in, the iPhone goes into emergency call mode or something and I can't do anything. What do I need to do so that the Globul SIM works in the iPhone? Answers are MUCH appreciated!!!
Cell Phones & Plans - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The iPhone 3G will require a 3G sim card. Go to a store and ask your cell phone provider for a new sim and use that. Sim cards are free.
2 :
iphone needs SPECIAL SIMS (1253 type in place of usual of 1200 or 1201) as well as being form approved operators. The globul SIM is probably a std 3G SIM, I have a SIM from an approved operator but it wont work in iphone as its a 1201 type. the easiest way is to restore the iphone to official firmware and instead buy a SIM overlay that converts ANY SIM to an authorised one these have a small chip on a flexible PCB (you need to cut out a small bit of plastic from your SIM corner to add this) it sits on top of the SIM in the holder and acts as a go between..



Read more discussions :

Search News