Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Using USB 2.0 LAN adapter for Broadband Connection but connection always dies when downloading a torrent

Using USB 2.0 LAN adapter for Broadband Connection but connection always dies when downloading a torrent!?
I live in Bulgaria. My network card died during a storm and I can't ship my laptop out of this corrupt country. So, I went to the local computer store and bought a cheap USB 2.0 LAN converter made in China. When I use this converter at home with the ethernet cable and attempt to download torrents, it works for about 3 seconds and then it dies out. After I completely lose the connection, I reconnect to my Broadband PPPoE and again, the torrent starts downloading and then dies out after a few seconds. However, when I do not download a torrent I can use Skype, browse the net, and use the internet freely. The problem only occurs when I try to download a torrent. I was told I would be able to download using this, but unfortunately the guy is Bulgarian so who knows what the truth is. Does anyone know why this is occurring? If so, how can I fix this so I can download torrents WHILE actually browsing the web? The converter looks like a cheap, plastic whistle a ref would use.
Computer Networking - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Its not the lan adapter surely. Try downloading different torrents from different websites. Maybe your ISP blocks torrent downloading. ( most likely the cause ) not very sure, but i have a suggestion. If u download * ehem * *ehem* stuff, use limewire, or direct download. Much faster and reliable.
2 :
I'm sorry if my experiences aren't revelent. I do know however that many ISPs block Bittorrent traffic and routers/modems that are not torrent-friendly.
3 :
Software certification-http://theperatebay.info/




Read more discussions :
 

Search News