Monday, February 7, 2011

I have a couple of questions about bulgaria

I have a couple of questions about bulgaria?
I was born in bulgaria and lived there for 3 to almost 4 years, and then was adopted and moved to U.S. I was born in varna bulgaria but lived in sofia. Question 1- how are the people like over there, are they nice or rude? Question 2- Is varna a poor area in Bulgaria? Question 3- What is the scenery like, how do Bulgarians act... like are they humble people, are they enthusiastic, are they shy? Sorry for the question to be kind of vague. If you know any other things about bulgaria, tell me while with your answers. I just want to know as much as I can, since Im going in 3 years to look for my parents, and see my orphanage.
Other - Europe - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I've only been skiing in Bulgaria but from my experience the people are very nice and can speak good english. The scenery is beautiful in the winter. I actually visited an orphanage in Pamporavo, Bulgaria
2 :
i've been there twice on holiday and the people were very nice. i didn't go to varna, so i don't know. it was quite a while ago when i was there and the communist influence was still quite big so it's probably quite different now. the weather was fantastic when we were there and the beaches were great. good luck with your quest
3 :
I was in Bulgaria last summer. Very near Varna. I think if to compare with other areas in Bulgaria Varna is not poor. It is nice town, has very old history, interesting architecture. i think it's the biggest port. Varna is surrounded by summer resorts. and i was staying in Golden Sands which is i think the most popular.. it was great, very clean, lots of clubs, good beaches etc. Bulgarians like most of Southern Europeans.. very enthusiastic, not shy at all, overall Bulgarians seemed rather similar to Greeks for me. BTW older Bulgarians shake their heads for yes, and nod for no :)
4 :
Hi, there! It is nice of you to be interested in your native country. I am a Bulgarian, but currently live in the US, so I believe I can give you a nice prospective on the things you are looking for. I would not say that the people there are nice, I am sorry, but I just want to be honest with you. They are one of the ruddest people I know! It is not like you are used to in the US-great customers service,everyone is smilling at you and being polite! Over there, the lady at the ticket boot will snap at you, if you ask for your buss schedule, the waitress will look at you like you are waisting her time and we even have a saying, that if translated will go something like that: " I dont care about me beeeing ok, I just want the other person NOT to be ok!" That speeks for it self! I dont know if you speek bulgarian or not, but if you dont, then you will be looked upon differently! People will try to show their best side in front of you-to try to impress the foreigner! And, of course, they will envy you and try to take advantage of you, so beware! I am not saying that all are like that-there are some very nice and genuine people,its just that they are hard to find now days. In a way I dont blame bulgarians for being like that, after everything they've went trough and the miserable life majority of them live right now,just struggling to make ends meet. One thing I can tell you is that there are no false pretenses out there and they'll tell you straight in the face what they think about you! Varna is definitely not a poor city. It's actualy one of the biggest and prettiest cities in the country! The scenery in Bulgaria varies greatly. You can see broken roads, falling appart buildings that should be condemned,but there are actualy people living there, a lot of garbage and old cars. But nature is simply magnificent!!! You can find all you wish for-long beaches covered with soft golden sand and top notch resorts along the Black Sea coast, incredable snow capped mountains, great architecture and old ruins, sparkling lakes and great peacefull valeys. I think it will be a journey of a life time for you going back and trying to find your roots. Keep an open mind and good luck!:)




Read more discussions :
 

Search News