Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fingerprints for a passport

Fingerprints for a passport?
I live in Bulgaria and when I turned 14 I went to get my passport. When I got there they took my picture but they also took my fingerprints. Is this allowed and is it entered in the police database,or is that just after criminal offenses?
Law & Ethics - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Here are some facts about Bulgarian passports. Your fingerprints are a security feature so that nobody else can use your passport. Security features include holographic images, micro printing, UV-visible features, watermarks, etc. In addition, the passport holder's photograph is digitally printed directly onto the paper, in standard ink as well as a holographic image. All passports are machine-readable. Biometric passports. Since 29 March 2010 , all newly-issued Bulgarian passports contain a chip with biometric data, and also feature the text "Европей�ки �ъюз" (Bulgarian) / "European Union" (English) above the country's official name, thus reflecting Bulgaria's EU membership. Additional design changes include the placement of pictures of famous Bulgarian landmarks and monuments on the inside pages of the passports. The new passport fees are 20 € (40 BGN) and with the same validity (5 years).




Read more discussions :

Search News