Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cheap living in Bulgaria

Cheap living in Bulgaria?
I'm trying to save a bit of money and I need a cheap place to live in Eastern Europe from September-December '07. I'm looking to stay in a hostel that's not over $10USD and serves a free breakfast. I'd like to stay in a city because I require internet access for my business, but any large town will do too I suppose. I hear Sofia, Bulgaria is quite nice but are there any other places you suggest?
Other - Europe - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The Thracian tomb with all the gold they just discovered, should be all clean now...
2 :
There is a website that you can make a reservation and read about the hostels in Bulgaria. The website is: http://www.hostels.com/en/bg.so.html The prices are per bed and per night. Few tips: *Choose something close to a major street - getting around can be a hassle. *Beware of theft of personal items (especially high-end equipment like cameras and laptops) The police will not even bother to investigate. *Some serve free breakfast but the food quality is sometimes questionable - You will be better off if you learn the small cafes and neighborhood snack places. It is better to get a better security and accommodation for the price instead of the free breakfast. *Always ask locals for cheap places to eat and avoid the tourist areas where the prices will be very high. *Be careful also in the public transportation system for petty theft and pick-pocketing (quite common). Have fun!





Read more discussions :

Search News